- This event has passed.
Warbird Photography Clinic
November 10 @ 8:00 am – November 12 @ 5:00 pm
Please join us for an exclusive warbird photography event at the Atlanta Speedway Airport (KHMP) on November 10-12, 2023. The Commemorative Air Force’s Airbase Georgia will be hosting its annual formation training weekend at the Atlanta Speedway Airport. This event brings in many classic aircraft and allows you the opportunity to shoot them in an exclusive environment. Experience classic aircraft ranging from vintage Cessnas, L-Birds, T-6 Texans, and WWII fighter aircraft. Each day starts with a safety briefing at 0800 at the Hampton Airport ramp.
The highlight of the weekend will be a night run of WWII fighter and trainer aircraft on Friday, November 10th, weather dependent. A backup session of Saturday, November 11th will be run in the event there is inclement weather on Friday evening. This session will allow you up to 15 minutes of static night run photography for at least one fighter and one T-6 Texan.
What to Bring
- Camera – Bring whatever camera for which you are most comfortable.
- Safety Vest – All photographers will be required to always wear a bright orange or yellow safety vest. You may purchase one of these at your local hardware store or online retailer.
- Lenses – We recommend a wide variety of lenses to capture different angles of the multitude of aircraft that will be operating off the ramp and runway.
- Tripod – We will be shooting at night and a tripod is highly suggested for nighttime photography.
- Flashlights for light painting – We recommend a very bright flashlight of 300 or more lumens.
- Camera Bag – Please bring a comfortable bag. You will be working off of a live aircraft ramp and we will not have a place for your to place your spare lenses and bodies. Organization is key to a great shoot!
- BE PREPARED FOR WEATHER – It could be sunny, rainy, hot, cold, and anywhere in between. Be prepared with inclement weather gear for your person as well as your gear.
- Kneepads – The asphalt and concrete ramps are hard on your knees. These will allow you to keep your knees in great shape while also allowing you that low angle shot!
What is Included
- Exclusive photography sessions and photography guidance by our volunteers.
- Access to vintage aircraft
- Exclusive night-run on Friday night after sunset (*Saturday if Friday is cancelled due to inclement weather)
What is NOT included
- Transportation to and from the event.
- Transportation to and from the ramp area and the bathroom facilities. It is a 5–10-minute walk to the bathroom facilities.
- Lodging – You are on your own to make lodging reservations.
We will issue a full refund if the event is cancelled prior to November 1st, 2023. No refunds will be issued after November 1st.
Photography Clinic Lead
$150.00 per person