Please join us for a Commemorative Air Force TRARON Formation clinic at the Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field (KFFC) from November 11-14, 2021.
All Commemorative Air Force TRARON members are welcome. Training will be offered in the T-6/SNJ/Harvard, Beech 18/C45, and T-34 Mentor. Pilots seeking formation training in other aircraft shall contact the organizers before registering to confirm sufficient and appropriate aircraft are expected. Participants are required to be Commemorative Air Force and CAF TRARON members prior to arriving at the clinic. Please contact Chuck Marshall, TRARON Secretary, at email@example.com to join TRARON.
Arrival day is scheduled for Thursday, November 11th and the clinic will begin with a mandatory safety briefing each morning at 0800. Ground school will be provided at 6PM on Thursday the 11th for those needing initial and recurrent formation ground instruction. Training will conclude Sunday the 14th with departure day being Sunday the 14th.
Airbase Georgia of the Commemorative Air Force will comply with any local, state or federal restrictions related to COVID-19, and may be forced to cancel this event at short notice. In that case, a cancellation fee would not apply; instead, all fees collected would be returned to registrant minus the fee and associated shipping and handling relating to their custom patch. Participants are aware of the risks of COVID-19 infection due to exposure to other people, whether symptomatic or not, and whether direct or indirect. More information is available on the CDC website at this address: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov. The Hold Harmless agreement that all TRARON clinic participants must sign includes acknowledgment and acceptance of these risks.
Please review ALL of the registration steps below before proceeding:
- REGISTER ONLINE. Begin by supplying the requested information, and pay the registration fee. Late registrants will receive their flightsuit patch after the clinic.
- INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS. All TRARON clinic participants must have comprehensive aircraft owner’s liability insurance for all aircraft that will be on the clinic premises or participating in the clinic, with coverage that meets the following requirements:
- Amount: Coverage in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence Combined Single Limit Bodily Injury and Property Damage. If per passenger sub-limits apply, such sub-limit coverage shall not be less than $100,000 per passenger.
- Types of Operation: The coverage shall include all types of operation contemplated at the clinic, including “formation flying”.
- Term: Coverage for the duration of the clinic.
- CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE. Each participant shall supply a valid Certificate of Insurance (COI) in advance, satisfactory to TRARON, evidencing such coverage and naming the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Georgia as an Additional Insured. The COI must contain the following specific provisions and language:
- Pilot Name: Include the name of the authorized pilot(s).
- Aircraft Identification: Include the aircraft type and registration number.
- Name of the Certificate Holder: “The Commemorative Air Force Airbase Georgia, and its officers, directors, sponsors, clinic staff and organizers. CAF Airbase Georgia, 1200 Echo Court, Peachtree City GA, 30269. Certificate Holder is included as an Additional Insured.”
- Waiver of Subrogation: Certificate shall include a Waiver of Subrogation. However, if your COI is issued under an excess liability policy that does not contain hull coverage, this requirement does not apply.
- Other Additional Named Insured: Registrant must refer to the event registration page to determine whether other entities (e.g., airport, event host) must be named as additional insured on separate COIs supplied to TRARON.
- HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. Prior to attending the formation clinic, all participants shall sign and agree to the hold harmless. Prior to the clinic, please print, sign, and witness a hardcopy of this agreement. To speed the registration process, please present the hardcopy of this agreement during your in-person registration. Each person at the clinic, including guests and volunteers, must sign an agreement in order to participate. Download the form below.
- MEALS. Lunch will be provided on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday via catered meal in the Airbase Georgia conference room. Pizza and light refreshments will be offered on Thursday evening during ground school. Saturday dinner will be organized at a local restaurant convenient to Falcon Field; this dinner is dutch treat and is the responsibility of each participant.
- HOTELS. The following hotels have offered discounted rates for the clinic.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriot 295 Highway 74 North (470)369-7100
- RENTAL CARS. Enterprise Reserve early – Enterprise Rent-a-Car does not keep cars at Falcon Field. They will leave a car with the Atlanta Regional Airport FBO with a 72-hour advanced notice. Please contact Atlanta Regional Airport at (770)487-2225
- FUEL, OIL & HANGARS. Atlanta Regional Airport at Falcon Field is the fuel provider and will provide discounted tie-down rate for clinic participants. Please contact Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field to verify that they will carry oil to suit your aircraft needs during your stay. Hangar space is limited. You can contact Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field at (770)487-2225 to confirm transient hangar availability.
All pilot participants must be Commemorative Air Force TRARON members. You are required to be TRARON members prior to arriving at the clinic. We do not have the ability to register with TRARON at the clinic.
We will issue a full refund if cancellation is received prior to November 3rd, 2021. Any cancellation received after this date will be refunded all monies received apart from the patch fee and associated shipping and handling fee to mail patch to the participant.
Included in Registration
Each participant will receive lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, flight suit patch, instruction, and check pilot examinations, if needed.
Note: It is very rare for new formation pilots to achieve their FAST Wing Card at their first clinic. The recommendation to take the wing or lead practical examination is solely at the discretion of the instructor and check pilots.
Clint “Ricochet” Cottrell Jr
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Payment In Full In Advance Only